Tuesday, August 3, 2010

The experienced Mom

I now have three children. I have had three completely different pregnancies, labors and deliveries. Each responsible for three very different little boys. In the five years since our oldest boy was born, James and I have faced a host of different situations (for lack of a better word). We have over come many obstacles and climbed many hills. Everytime that we think the have seen it all, one of the boys blows us away with something new!
Since we have been back in the South East and close to our family and friends, i have been reminded time and time again that in my circle I am now the "experienced" Mom. This used to send me into a blind panic.. Now i see it as truth, of course i am not as "experienced" as say my Grandmother who raised 9 children and was married for over fifty years but in my close group of friends.. Yea im that Mom.. I know alot about alot of kid and baby stuff and i know how to not panic..
But im finding it hard to not be jaded. With the exception of a few folks, Im finding i have to make a physical effort to not roll my eyes and sigh when listening to women my age talk about their lives.. Now im not saying im better or better at anything than anyone else. In fact im quite aware of where i stand in the line of Moms and Women around me. Im capable but i could be better, we all could.. But I'm still a woman and somedays i just want to scream QUIT YER BITCHIN to the world.. I am so sorry that your kid doesnt sleep but it in all likely hood its probably your fault.. And in the rare chance that your kid has some weird medical condition that keeps him from sleeping, deal. Thats part of being a Mom. You didnt sign up for 20 years of restful nights. If your kid wont drink from a cup, STOP giving them the bottle. If your kid freaks out without his pacifier, stop shoving it down his throat everytime he cries. If your thirty year old son cant seem to move out, change the locks.. You think your baby is bad now? Give it a few years.. HaHaHa(evil laugh)... Im so bitter.. Okay maybe bitter is not the word but when a houseful of human beings have flown into the world with absolutely no regard for the thing that they shredded on their way here (that thing that used to be your vagina) then you too can get mild to moderately aggravated as hell by people pissing and moaning over things they should realize are nothing to complain about or are things that are their own fault..
Like, how about instead of saying out loud in front of your child what a douche bag your babies daddy is.. Stop having unprotected sex with losers..

2 comments:

  1. I know EXACTLY what you mean!!! I feel the same way. I have close friends who have all these "huge issues" with their kids and to me, the solutions are simple. I have a friend whose kid throws toys around and whines and acts out daily. The kid is bored and gets none of his mom's attention. Another friend has a young kid who stays up till midnight or later. I'm sure you know the solution to that. Anyway, I know what you mean and sometimes it gets old trying to sympathize. I have really good, fairly tolerable kids and that's NOT luck.

    ReplyDelete
  2. yea! Its like, if thats how your family works, then great! But if its not working.. how about instead of bitching, just try something else..

    ReplyDelete