Thursday, May 20, 2010

An old blog

I wrote this a couple of years ago when James was on the boat.. We had our fifth anniversary (seven years together)one month ago and it still rings true..

I love James Because

He makes me laugh but not on purpose
Hes a great Dad
He worries about me
I know if he had too, hed fuck somebody up for me
He gave me two beautiful boys
He made an honest woman out of me
Hes the perfect height to hug
He drives faster when Metallica comes on the radio
He tells me dinner was good, even when it wasnt
He thought i was pretty, even when i was 11 and he was 13
He still thinks im pretty
He'll get up in the middle of the night and go to the store to fetch whatever pregnancy induced craving im having
He cried during the Pantera behind the music
He works hard so i can stay home with the boys
He's a patriot
Hes a republican
He stays home on Saturday night, even if its just to play scrabble with me
He watches Dr. Phil
He bought me the Trailblazer for our Anniversary
He appreciates the beauty of a lazy Sunday afternoon
He bought me my very first guitar
He loves the sound of my typewriter
He drinks coffee as much as i do
He gives the boys a bath and puts them to bed with a story everynight (when hes not on deployment)
He gets up with the boys on Saturday so i can sleep in.
He takes the boys to the hangar to show them off and teach them about F-18s everychance he gets
He thinks our new stroller is cool (its a sit and stand and it kicks ass)
He loves his mother
He thinks its cool that we are competetive gingerbread house builders
He puts me and the boys first, no matter what
Hes never met a stranger
Hes proud of me, for what im not sure but he is
He lets me spoon him
He made 2nd Class in 2 and a half years
He still holds my hand, even if were just standing in the kitchen
He lets me be right
Hes left-handed
He keeps the kids busy and out from under my feet while im cooking
It was important to him for me to breastfeed the boys
He wants to have alot of kids so oneday we can sit on our porch in our rocking chairs and watch alot of grandkids running in our yard
He worships me
He takes pride in what he does, at work and at home
We never have leftovers
He goes grocery shopping with me
He realizes just how lucky we are to have what we have
He misses the rain too
He smiles with his whole face
Hes a good kisser
He can reach the top shelf
He has sexy muscles
He has freckles on his eyelids
Hes generous
He falls asleep when he sits still too long
Know any other man that can fold a fitted sheet?
I wake up in the middle of the night to find him just watching me sleep (in a romantic, loving way and not in a crazy way)
One of his best guy friends is a girl (yes its you, i know your reading this ^_^)
|If one of the boys has a bad dream, he'll go sleep in their room in case it comes back
My dad loves him and trust me thats hard to do
Hes got a great butt
His best friends like me
He gives me back rubs
He loves Maggie
He promised to let me die first, so i never have to live without him and right now that ones really important, im holding him to it..
He wakes me up at night to tell me he loves me
He talks to my mom like their old friends, i mean, i know they kind of are but still..
He pics on my accent
Without realizing it, he plays air guitar on MY arm
We still take showers together (when hes home and not on the boat where he gets to take showers with all kinds of people)
ADD is great for getting chores done
he makes the same face i do when we see somebody elses kid being bad as hell in the grocery store
He wipes the bathroom sink down after he shaves
He smells good, somewhere between Aqua Di Gio (?) and jet fuel
He changes the oil
He goes to the boys Dr.'s appointments with me
He thinks i look good in a straw hat
He says "dang" alot
The fact that im completely nuts doesnt bother him at all
He thinks my family is hilarious and is proud to be a part of it

Okay well this could go on for days and its getting late so im just gonna stop here and maybe ill pick back up later..

so yea

No comments:

Post a Comment