Monday, May 24, 2010

just a lazy sunday... i mean monday..

Tomorrow is Presley's school physical.. yikes.. I'm really having hard time grasping that this chapter is opening.. Presley has turned into a kid, A KID! He started out so sick and still in his little isolette and now hes a verb on his way into kindergarten.. I sat up all night last night crying over this and I'm not even sure why.. okay I'm exactly sure why. I hated school. It was the worst thing ever. I ended up quitting because i got to the point where one more day was going to be more than i could handle.. I hated it and now its time for my beautiful boy to go.. It may seem silly to some of you (some of you will never understand because for some odd reason you enjoyed school) but i feel like i am forcing my innocent child into being tortured for the next 13 years. I know hes not me and knowing Pres hes going to really enjoy school but that was my experience and that's what i know of it and that's how i feel..

1 comment:

  1. Brandy, I just found your blog today and it's such a gem!

    I'm actually one of those strange folks who loved school, but I'm actually still with you on this one. The system let me down when it was time to step out. I was great at answering questions correctly and not so great at actually learning on my own, which is SO necessary to do anything. This isn't to whine -- I'm a tough chick who is willing to develop the skills, but it hasn't been easy and I figured it might be helpful to hear about the flip side.

    I don't have any kids of my own (yet?), but my gut says let Presley try school out, but be willing to help him develop a love of learning for its own sake, and give him alternatives if school kicks his butt like it did yours. Your attitude toward family and life that you express on this blog suggests to me that he's going to get everything he needs.

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete