Friday, May 28, 2010

No Thanks on the Jesus Meat..

Okay so i posted a link to a story about a teacher who's been fired twice from public schools for leading prayer in the classroom and the comments led to some christians acting ver unchristianly..
Have fun explaining that one to your "god".. yea because your gonna meet him someday.
Remember folks that the same people that taught you about god also taught you about santa claus and the easter bunny.. Stop being sheep and learn to think for yourselves. You know, use those brain cells that you have and actually produce a rational thought..
Stop attacking non believers to feel better about yourself. Really who are you trying to convince of your faith, me or you?
I never said that its absurd that we even let christians vote and teach in public schools (even though thats how i feel because you people are clearly luney), i just posted a link..
So feel how you want, i dont care. Nothing you can say is going to change what i think or how i choose to raise my family. I dont have to be threatened by eternal damnation to be a good person. I make that choice on my own everyday..
Relegion (whether yours or something you find totally absurd) is relegion and all it boils down to is what people came up with to answer questions before we figured out science..
Now i like my life. I have three beautiful (and matching) children. I have an amazing husband who found me good enough to marry. I wake up everyday and fall in love with everything i have and i feel satisfied with my life, I DONT wake up everyday and feel the need to thank some cosmic jew zombie for everything that I have accomplished. Im a big girl and i can do things on my own..

Now i would say that im sorry for being offensive but really, Im not.. At All! Its that old christian double standard. Everything i think is just plain mean and Im supposed to feel bad about that but i have to grin and bare it everytime somebody says they will pray for me? Dont waste your breath, Im good. Ive already met my makers, their names are Jack and MartyAnn and they made me on the hood of a 74 Ford Galaxie..

3 comments:

  1. Were you really conceived on a hood? Cause that's awesome.

    Also, you and i have very different beliefs and I still call you a friend... because I'm NOT one of the Christians who judges. I can see why someone would think it's absurd. But just like you don't care, I don't either. I believe what I believe, you believe what you believe, and I love you to pieces. :)

    I'm now going to feature you in my Blog Love feature, but prepare yourself because you may get some unsavory comments. But I know you can handle it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The problem here is more people doing and saying things in the name of Christianity when they have no understanding of what it truly is. I'm a Christian because I came to that all on my own. In fact, my beliefs are very different from the way I was raised. I've seen and heard of miracles that can't be explained with science, such as a friend's mom being cured of cancer when medical professionals said there was nothing they could do, a pastor's daughter who "lost" her baby confirmed by ultrasound but after prayer now has a a beautiful child. If people find fulfillment in supernatural things they don't deserve to be called looney. I respect you and would never belittle you for not believing and would appreciate that as well. As far as the teacher goes, her class was not a class of first graders who were not capable of thinking for themselves. Also, it was voluntary and the opportunity was given for students to animously decline by email/letter as told by one of her students. If it were coming from a person rerepresenting a different religion, as long as they gave my child a way to decline, that would be ok. I am not ignorant. I am a Christian. I respect others. I love life. I love my family, and I love my God. I love living a life when I know there is more than this world to live for... So all you Christians out there reading this, instead of condemning people, think first. If Jesus were standing there in front of someone that didn't believe, would He call them stupid or ignorant? No... He'd love anyway. Do the same. Act like a TRUE Christian! I'm tired of people claiming to be Christians doing more damage than good for the Kingdom of God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. '...I DON'T wake up everyday and feel the need to thank some cosmic jew zombie for everything that I have accomplished..'

    Very possibly, the greatest line I've ever read in a blog post. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete