Tuesday, April 6, 2010

More than just a piece of paper

So we made it to five years.. crazy huh?

Some people say that all a "marraige" is, is a piece of paper... Those people are just really bitter. I can tell you that its more than just that.. Its a commitment to each other, its a contract for life, its a promise to have and to hold til death do you part..
I love being married.
I love being married so much that every few weeks i dig through the filing cabinet just to find our "piece of paper" just to look at it.
It may horrify some people to be this invested in someone else but thats what being married is all about.. We dont have mine or yours, its all ours.. (except my truck, thats mine..) Our house, our bills, our money, our kids. We all have the same last name, we all live together, we are a family and i just dont know if it would feel this real if James and I didnt have our "piece of paper"..
Now im not getting into the politics of marraige, i know there are some folks out there who love and care for each other deeply but because of somebody else's backwoods biblical opinion they cannot get married.. I wish it was different, i wish everybody could know how special this is..

2 comments:

  1. I LIKE IT!!! I AGREE WITH YOU 100%

    ReplyDelete
  2. Honestly, I didn't think it would matter to me to have that piece of paper... until I did! It is amazing and while I totally understand why others don't "need" to get married, it was really important to make our family feel whole.

    ReplyDelete