Sunday, August 28, 2011

Day 7


Day #7. A picture of your most treasured item..

hmmm.. Okay (this is not including the kids or stuff like that but) my most treasured physical possession is..



My celadon elephant that James got me in Thailand.. I LOVE this little guy! Before James left for deployment he asked what I wanted him to get me from overseas, I told him something green.. He came home the next year with it. It was perfect! My favorite color, my favorite animal. He really surprised me (no offense James) in putting actual thought into what to get for me. Searching it out. I cried at the sight of it. I knew it was something that i would treasure for the rest of my life. I cried every time James had to leave after that but the sight of this little guy reminded me that James was thinking about me..

I cried really, really hard when i walked into our living room to see Presley had climbed 6 feet to the top of the entertainment cabinet, gotten it down and was slamming it into the floor. Shattering it.
I spent two weeks trying to glue it back together.. I still have it and it still kind of looks like an elephant.
It took every bone in my body to keep me from beating him to death with the broken pieces of it..
It now sits on a plant ledge about 10 feet up, holding up some encyclopedias..

Id like to see that little shit try to get it down now!

1 comment:

  1. oh my gosh! I would have FLIPPED OUT if Nick broke something that important to me!

    ReplyDelete