Wednesday, June 23, 2010

A Few Random Things..

When i was on my way to drop off James at the hangar (I was driving down Blue Angel Parkway) and The Blue Angels flew right over us in the diamond formation.. I looked over at my husband (who was in his Blue Angel uniform) and i couldn't help but say out loud "Goddamn i love my life!"..

I stayed up late making pulled pork sandwiches and got up early to have them at the hangar for our guys (and gals) to eat before they left.. They probably weren't great because i made them last night and they sat in the fridge till 5 this morning when they got set out but didn't get eaten until 10.. But hey, sometimes taking even the smallest steps to being an active part of your spouses career can make being a military wife that much easier... and who doesn't like a barbecued sandwich??

Presley has decided that his swing set is actually a battleship and its the coolest thing ever.. Imaginative play (pretend play) doesn't come naturally to Pres and its been great seeing him sail the seas and get the bad guys for the last week.. Also out of the blue about 3 weeks ago, he started eating again.. and eating ALOT!

I have successfully grown pink eyed purple hulled peas in my garden, hopefully they will produce all summer. Ive got about 20 pods worth drying in my pantry right now and they are going to be delicious!

Was going to have James' windshield replaced but (after calling and cancelling yesterday) the guy brought the wrong windshield!! I'm like WTF.. how many different windshields could there possibly be for an 07 trailblazer?? So putting off driving to Hattiesburg for another day.. But its gotta get done because Maggie and The J-Hoff are driving that truck to New Orleans in a couple of weeks and for some reason (okay well i know the reason but don't feel like explaining it all) it doesn't dry very quickly and you cant see out of for almost an hour after it gets wet at all!!

This morning before we took James to work (I always drive him there when he goes on trips so his truck is at the house and not sitting at his work for however long) James stuck his head in Presley's room and said "alright buddy, time to get going" and Presley said "DAD I was trying to get the baby out of my tummy before you interrupted me!!".. I think by being pregnant his entire life i have warped my oldest child and here i thought i was helping him by giving him siblings!!

I discovered Etsy and Im hooked...



Okay thats enough for now..

No comments:

Post a Comment