Monday, November 1, 2010

This was a good idea?

Wow i haven't "blogged" in a while..

So lets catch up eh?

Okay so we pulled the goalie.. Or actually the goalie committed suicide. My IUD jumped out of my cervix 4 days before my appointment to talk to my doctor about having it removed anyway. I guess so me folks just cant handle rejection.
So me, the fertile Myrtle, got pregnant a few minutes later.. Well maybe a more than a few minutes but within the next few weeks i got two pink lines, a blue plus sign, two red lines and a phone call from a lab tech saying i had a low (but detectable) amount of HCG in my blood.. A week later i got another phone call from the woman who was to arrange my prenatal care. She seemed very concerned over just how low the level was, so she ordered another blood test which came back reassuringly high..
So there was that.. I'm knocked up, with child, in a family way, with a delicate condition or very, very pregnant with my 4Th child since 2005.. However you want to look at it..
Morning sickness came in and kicked my ass. Hormones made me crazy and lack of calories made me exhausted.. Plus we all had a touch of the flu to make things just that much better!! All of that equals a dirty house and Momma doesn't give a shit today.. Sorry kids, we're not getting dressed and Moms not getting off the couch.. Right in the midst of that when i really thought.. WHY DID I DO THIS?? What was i thinking?? 4 kids? Brandy are you insane? You cant handle three kids and the flu!! That karma thing people keep talking about, showed up.. I started bleeding. A lot. I went to the ER and noticed through the panic that i was cramping too..
Okay i thought, i know what this means.. I also know that I've been through worse and I'll be okay.. After an exam, blood test and ultrasound it was determined that this kid is a tough one because he was amazingly enough, still in there! He was a little small.. About 11 days smaller than he should have been which would have normally been a big concern but seeing as how i had very low HCG levels.. It seems like i just conceived a little late in my cycle and everything is fine.. So far.. Its still very early on but I'm feeling good about it.. Physically i feel like barfing but emotionally I'm feeling good..
Oh yea, my new due date from my ultrasound is the same due date i had with Presley, June 21st (though he came a few hours early and landed on June 20Th) so what are the chance of that??

No comments:

Post a Comment